Sunday, November 24, 2013

Somewhere in south-east Milton Keynes, UK




I'm not sure if it's the first rule of social science exactly but let's just say it's pretty poor form to only half-document something. This is a pocket park space in Milton Keynes which I encountered on the 1 June 2013 while riding my bicycle south-east from the city centre. I can't remember why I didn't write down where this was, but one reason might be I was not very certain where I was. In any case, you will recognise a classic internal reserve: the houses face into the space, which is accessible only by pathways, and the one piece of play equipment is hardy but probably more a token than anything used (or usable?).   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kabbera Central, Kelso, NSW

Look at it here.  Kelso is essentially a suburb adjoining the regional city of Bathurst but it has an identity greater than mere adjacent su...