Friday, September 9, 2016

Reserve off Yrjöntie, Ylöjärvi (near Tampere)

* See previous two entries.

This one is slightly more interesting than the previous, but has nowhere near the public function of the first of the three. Like many other spaces (I have a few from Turku that I have yet to post) it is essentially wilderness, with a little bit of antisocial activity opportunities thrown in for good measure. You assume (well, I assume) the boulders, etc are all original - or maybe they were heaped there when the bulk of the estate was cleared. Some light dumping has taken place.

The gateway below kind of intrigued me for its symbolic framing, but I am not entirely sure what to make of it.

 My guess is the post below is actually a marker of the border between a home site and public land.
These might also be border markers, not sure.
 A bit of timber has been cut up on site, but I think this one fell.
 Detritus.
 Note porous border between reserve and a yard.




If this does actually say 'NI IS TUC', well, google translate has no explanation.






That's that (no doubt you would have liked another 20 photos of classic Finnish suburban forest but my phone was running out of power and I needed it to figure out how to get back, or spend the night with Blair Witch of Yrjöntie). There was, as far as I could tell, only one street access point to this space, and that was very indistinct. Someone's been having a good time in there, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kabbera Central, Kelso, NSW

Look at it here.  Kelso is essentially a suburb adjoining the regional city of Bathurst but it has an identity greater than mere adjacent su...