Last week while perusing many issues of the Broadmeadows and Keilor Observer I came across a series of reports on the fate of the so-called Triangle Estate. It's here, if you want to have a look. Irritatingly, although I photographed all these news items, most of them seem to have disappeared - they may show up somewhere - I hope so because this sentence looks like it was written by a technological idiot. Anyway, none of what I had already read made this particular report any more explicable. Below are some images of this space, which as you can see contains a car park and a community centre, taken on 13 January 2011.
A record of field trips and other explorations of a particular urban design element - the internal reserve - a 'pocket park' surrounded on all sides by residential housing but accessible by pedestrian pathways from the street. They are exclusive, secluded, sometimes neglected, sometimes celebrated, suburban spaces. This blog welcomes contributions: comments, images, memorabilia. Please email nicholsd@unimelb.edu.au
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohvitseride (Officer's) Park, Tartu, Estonia
You can find it here . I visited on 8 July 2026. Estonian wikipedia says: The park covers an area of 8,424 m² and formerly served as the ...
-
Significant portions of the Netflix series Deadwind (known in Finland as Karppi) were filmed - I'm 99% certain - in Puu-Käpylä. I can...
-
Comparison between the above from a relatively new UBD street directory and the current Google Map shows some disparity in the shape of t...

No comments:
Post a Comment